Monday, May 10, 2010

Zzzzzz...


Mother's Day was ok.

I spent the day in a haze of sleepiness. I am so exhausted it hurts. I can't even describe it.

I didn't even bother to get dressed today. My eyes are throbbing.

It was another night of literally no sleep! It's incredibly frustrating because as soon as I get the baby settled Rosie wakes up, or the other way around.

The baby finally falls into a deep, relaxed sleep at 5:30 or 6 in the morning. So guess who has started waking up at the crack of dawn? Rosie, of course.

And I look over at Tyler snoring away. It's not like there's anything he can do--he can't nurse the baby and Rosie just wants me.

He can't get up with Rosie at dawn because he doesn't go to bed until 3:30 in the morning due to work.

Oh well.

I've never been so tired in my life. I sleep 1-2 hours every night. Broken sleep, not a solid 1-2 hours. Napping with the baby (who sleeps GREAT during the day) is not an option because of Rosie.

I know this will pass. It will be better later, everything will be better at some point...when I get a few hours of solid sleep.

This sleepy feeling is nothing compared to when Rosie was a newborn. I thought I was tired then, but it turns out I had no clue. It's hard being on call 7 days a week for two restless little people. Really hard.

I will survive. I will.

Rosie has decided today that she's jealous of the baby, too. Normally I would handle it better, but I can't think clearly when my eyes hurt so badly. I have no patience left. I keep drifting off to sleep at random times, like while doing dishes. How sad is that?

I'm going to bed now, before someone wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment